Ipu.ie Review:The Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU) - Home - The Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU)
Country: North America, US, United States
City: 90064 Los Angeles, California
- blamb - Great product/great dealI've had Norton 360 on my computer for a year now and my subscription was almost out so I clicked on the "renew" option and it was going to cost me $60 to renew through my existing subscription. Instead I found this product, purchased it, installed it, and now it's working great and I saved $45!! This is what I will do every year from now on!
- Rachel Clark - AMAZING!!!I have been using Dan's Regimen for a week now...already with incredible, natural results!!! I am completely blown away! His approach of "less-irritation=less-acne" couldn't be more spot-on. His products are mild, soothing, and clean. They do not cause any future acne: this is a problem caused by most OTC "acne" products. Dan's Regimen has allowed my skin to naturally clear up and function correctly on its own. In just one week, I can tell my skin is on the right path now. It feels refreshed, not irritated (even with his mild benzyl peroxide treatment) and all previous acne is healing up and the correlating red marks have almost entirely faded---IN ONE WEEK.
As a hail-mary I bought The Regimen. I have been battling regular acne combined with cystic acne for years...I was 16 when it started and I am now 23. I have gone to dermatologists and tried Minocycline, Spironolactone and Hormones (birth control)--all with SOME results, however the side effects created with these methods were not ideal and ultimately decided to stop screwing with my body, the way any oral medication will--These medications don't JUST attack bacteria on skin, the entire body will have some response because the medication has to pass through your entire digestive system and blood stream before it even reaches your skin....scary! I have also tried every drug store regimen. Salicylic acid drys and causes my skin to flake with ultimately no noticeable clearing. Messing around with the strengths of benzyl peroxide was not fun either: anything higher than 2.5% would dry and irritate my skin and those effects would last for weeks. Not to mention, a small 1oz tube of benzyl peroxide bought from the drug store is at an equivalent price to the 8oz tube in this package. Exfoliants left my skin feeling fresh and smooth initially, but by the end of the day, I could tell another breakout was coming. Any OTC moisturizer would either not do the job, or leave my skin oily and cause even more breakouts. Terrible rollercoaster.
At first I was skeptical of Dan's instructions to use 2 pumps of moisturizer, not rub it in, and allow your skin to naturally absorb. It felt like I had a mask on my face, but sure enough, my skin soaked it in thoroughly! This moisturizer feels like it soothes and heals my skin...without being too dense and messy! I feel my skin is finally properly hydrated, without the worry of breakouts that usually correlate with "hydration". Even with makeup, it creates a great base!!!
I understand that in one week it could be hard to tell the lasting effects of these products. That being said, I plan on reviewing again in a couple of months to keep everyone posted.
But this initial relief and excitement could not go unshared!!! I recommend this product entirely. And thus far, it has been a saving grace in a long-fought battle!
- Beldini - You'll rediscover the joys of owning a slow cooker with this fresh collection of inspired recipes from the whizzes at ATK.I was a big fan of the first Slow Cooker Revolution book which was published by America's Test Kitchen in 2011. It made some of the best, fall-off-the-bone home barbecued ribs that we've (and our friends) have ever tasted!
But there were those who took the first volume to task for often adding extra steps (like browning or sauteing ingredients before they go into the slow cooker or placing it under the broiler after the food comes out), which, they felt, wasn't in the spirit of that "Fix-It and Forget-It" Crock Pot mentality.
The folks at ATK have addressed those criticisms with Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2: The Easy-Prep Edition. It streamlines many of the recipes from the first version, combining some steps and swapping out some ingredients, to create 200 all-new recipes that, the book promises, require no more than 15 minutes advance prep time.
They've also revisited cooking times and have found that some recipes can be ready in just a couple of hours rather than sitting, slow-cooking all day on your counter.
I never minded those additional steps, considering the terrific results, but the second volume really delivers some truly tasty results with noticeably shorter prep times.
Examples? How about Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie, complete with stuffing (from a boxed mix) and dried cranberries with boneless, skinless turkey thighs cooking up in just 4 to 5 hours on low. Delicious any time of the year.
Or a Rustic Kale, Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce, enough for a pound of pasta, which cooks on 5-6 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high. Especially satisfying on a cold night.
So is the Bourbon Bread Pudding. The slow cooker is a bread pudding's best friend--keeping it moist and yummy. Just make sure you don't let it cook for longer than 4 hours on low--it'll become dry and rubbery.
Next on my to-do list: the chocolate cheesecake on the cover, ready in just 1.5 to 2.5 hours on high. It may seem hard to believe it actually came out of a Crock Pot, but given ATK's impressive track record, I'm preparing to be amazed.
- LilyBook - Awesome SeriesAll the Wool books are awesome, exciting, and over much too soon. A friend introduced me to the series and I was immediately addicted. I felt the claustrophobia and nervousness of being underground in a silo while reading these stories. The author does a nice job of detailing the mundane thoughts that pass through a person's numb mind during a stressful or dangerous moment. Although each book is fairly short, I could easily connect with the characters and their situations.
- Robert Devereaux - Astonishing in its depth, power, accessibilityI'm halfway through these six CDs, listening in the car on my short commute to work. I have all of her books and the other 2-CD set from soundstrue. Have also seen both TED talks. She is a gem and a font of raw and wonderful wisdom. I cannot imagine anyone who would not benefit from her words and her passion. Today I ordered an extra set for a dear friend far away. Magnificent!