Sandhurstgp.co.uk Review:Sandhurst Group Practice - Information about the doctors surgery opening hours, appointments, online prescriptions, health information and much more - Sandhurst Group Practice Owlsmoor Surgery,1 Cambridge Road,Owlsmoor,Sandhurst,Berkshire GU47 0UB, Information about the doctors surgery opening hours, appointments, online prescriptions, health information and much more
Country: Europe, GB, United Kingdom
- Dancing Horse - Headed to Surgery...Not Anymore Thanks to this BookI'm a 40+ female and I've had several decades of back and neck pain. As an avid equestrian for 15+ years I had also taken several falls over those years with my most severe fall resulting in a concusion, torn disks and a fractured vertabrae. It would be unfair to blame my back problems just on riding as I spent long hours at a desk. I've seen chiropractors, neurosurgeons, physiatrists, acupuncturists, massage therapists with limited relief. I've had injections, physical therapy and just about every supplement, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, neurological suppresant or pain med you could think. My MRIs show torn disks, arthritist, stenosis, a fractured vertebrae, mild kyphosis and scoliosis, just to name a few. In other words my back was a wreck and I was in some form of pain 24 hours a day. My pain had gotten so bad that pain meds couldn't touch it. I had to give up riding and any form of exercise because if I walked or stood for more than 15 minutes the pain often became so bad I had to lay down for hours. I had chronic numbness and pain in both arms and legs and in my shoulders, neck and head when things were really bad. Often my back felt like it was on fire. I did find that trigger point massage helped me so I do recommend it, but invariably my muscles would go back into large tight knots.
I had purchased Esther's book and tried a few things half-heartedly but thought a posture book can't help someone as bad off as me. I was just about to give in and have my neck fused as my surgeon had recommended, but when he told me that the neck fusion wouldn't fix the numbness and pain in my legs and that I would probably require a second surgery something inside me said don't do it. I thought I'm too young to do so much surgery on my back, but I also knew that I couldn't continue to go on in the pain I was in.
In December, 2011, I pulled out Esther's book again and slowly and carefully started applying the concepts. I thought maybe I could get a little pain relief while I tried to figure out which doctor or treatment option I should try next. I did not expect to get any significant relief. Esther's book proved me wrong. Intitally I just did stretch sitting in my car and my 1 and 1/2 hour commute became much more comfortable. So I started stretch lying on my side and trying to stretch sit at work as well. Intially I had to do a lot of repositioning as I'd slumped back into my old curled up posture but I often found minutes where my whole back relaxed and stretched out. When you've been in chronic pain to some degree for years it was stunning to me to experience this at all. Then I started adding in working on my inner corset. To my surprise I was actually starting to feel better. I couldn't believe that I was actually finding pain relief from a book.
Now I am certainly not 'cured' but I've gone from being in chronic pain 24/7 that would go as high as an 8 on a 1 to 10 scale to having my pain level sit around a 2 the majority of the day. I've gotten enough relief after 6 weeks that I'm actually starting to believe that I might not need surgery and that I may be able to go back to an active life.
You can get direct relief and help from this book. I did, a lot of relief. After spending thousands of dollars on doctors and treatments with limited relief, it is pretty ironic that it was a book (how much more low cost and low tech can you get) that has given me the biggest relief. Just as important as the physical relief I am experiencing is the mental relief of having less pain and knowing how to help myself. I was so impressed with the results from the book that I signed up to take a class with Esther. She is a wonderful and gifted instrutor and she helped me figure out the nuances that I was missing. I highly recommend taking a class with Esther but don't think you have to take her class to get help. You can get it from the book.
If you buy this book and apply these concepts I believe you will reduce your pain and potentially dramatically like I have. My advice is don't push for too much progress at once. If it hurts, check your position and adjust or just back off. You didn't develop a problem overnight and you can't fix it overnight. I made rapid progress just by doing little things and reading and re-reading the book and checking and re-checking my form. I tried to focus on one or two concepts in a week, not all of them at once. I actually found that I did better when I didn't try too hard which usually resulted in rigid muscles which increased my pain. Build from small steps of success. When you start to get tired or things start aching go do something else. The flipside is that you do have to be consistent in trying to apply the concepts, you don't however, want to be aggressive with your body.
I'm only about 6 weeks in and I can't believe how much better I feel. I'll post in about 6 months with an update. I think this book is a critical component to recovering from and preventing back pain. I wish you success in finding relief from your pain.
- Mike P. "mikep007" - The Best Baseball Analysis on the Market!This is a great read for any baseball fan but a MUST READ for the fantasy baseball player.
1. The players are ordered by teams with hitters first followed by pitchers in alphabetical order. There's a great index by name as well. The front matter talks in great detail about the statistics used in the text, explaining the analytic approach in excrutiating but fun detail.
2. Each team has a few pages of sumnmary discussion followed by player stats/descriptions. The player stats are presented for the prior 3 years and they include projections for the 2012 season.
3. The best part: the analysts provide a text summary of the player in plain English terms -- the comments can be sarcastic, funny, biting, and even hilarious. I often quote from the book at my baseball draft auction. The Manny Ramirez quote, for example, "Everyone's favorite idiot showed a new level of stupidity by violating baseball's performance-enhancing drug policy for the second time. Manny's bay area retreat lasted only slightly longer than the Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba as Ramirez retired rather than sit out 100 games...." Great stuff.
Buy this book. Now.
- Jerry Saperstein - King of the mountain - if you're on the mountainBack about a million years ago, when I operated businesses with around 50 employees and hundreds of products. I would have drooled over a product as capable as QuickBooks at this low a price. I bought an IBM System 36 for more than a hundred thousand 1980s dollars and spent tens of thousands more on accounting software that didn't hold a candle to QuickBooks Premier. Heck, my super-expensive software wouldn't even do payroll: had to use an outside service for that.
Today I operate as a one-man consultancy. I have no products to inventory, no employees to account for: I have none of the problems and challenges QuickBooks was made to address.
Frankly, I'm sorry that I don't. I'm a data junky and I love all the reports QuickBooks can produce. But for my little business, the simple Schedule C produced by Intuit's junior product, Quicken Home & Business does just fine.
Because my work as a forensics expert requires that I know about many, many aspects of technology, I do a lot of product testing, including in this instance, QuickBooks. Installation is straight-forward. But the learning curve is steep. Fortunately there are many books, videos, trainers, articles and consultants to help you find your way.
Overall, QuickBooks has developed a massive franchise because it works. It may not be without problems, but it works and is a far better value than the software that coast me tens of thousands of dollars to do less years back.